Dashboard Forums HR Universe Challenges while implementing D&I Practices Reply To: Challenges while implementing D&I Practices

• Divya J

December 9, 2020 at 2:58 AM

When we talk about D&I i recollect the latest # tag thats trending slowly…”#coming out”.

We often think that coming out is disclosing something about our selves that other people dont know, but

The real meaning is talking openly about something that people know and respecting that diversity…may it be gender, age, ideas, religion or origin.

Organisations should reflect equity at all viewpoints and areas. Problem is most companies are nervous about D& I issues, it has just become a box ticking exercise. Businesses should realise the potential personal impact on many employees.

Even though the policy exist, they are not strictly observed. Proper training to all employees is a must and these coachings and the policies shouldn’t be implemented in a hurry.

The HR teams must have a broad understanding of many factors, negotiate legal framework, overcome unconscious bias, make business case and measure effectiveness.

So the biggest challenge is that the companies should first understand and come forward to provide necessary coaching to “HR teams” so they can confidently handle practical D&I issues to champion Inclusivity, understand cultural sensitivity, handle communication issues with diverse workforce and many more

Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus - Sell Your Membership Products With WooCommerce The Right Way .