Dashboard Forums HR Universe Employee Recognition Practices

• Employee Recognition Practices

Posted by Kalpana . on November 30, 2020 at 3:03 PM

Organisations have been implementing employee recognition programs to reward their hard work, to continuously motivate and inspire them.

What are some of the employee recognition practices your companies are following/implementing to promote and acknowledge recognition in the workplace?

chrmpteam replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Divya J

December 8, 2020 at 9:32 PM

Firstly, it has become hard to track the level of recognition in workplace in recent times.

Recognition is usually equated with Reward, although they are related, I believe Rewards are Tangible with monetary value and Recognition is a priceless gesture with emotional value.

Some good practices I feel may be:

1 Don’t miss out to say “Thank you” & ” Well Done” – verbal, written or an E card.

2 Corporate Wellness Programme

3 Compile a video of employees sharing their experiences and likes and dislikes about the company, letting them be the stars.

4 Reward and motivate creativity from time to time.

5 “Wall of Fame or Super Star of the Week” section in the company magazine/ webpage.

6 Given the WFH scenario, recognising Punctuality and diligence is very important.

7 Companies should donate to environmental and social causes, this exudes a good vibe to the company and the employees get a feel good reason to work with the company.

Feel free to suggest/ comment on my thoughts 🙂

• Kalpana .

December 9, 2020 at 2:26 PM

Thanks Divya for your valuable suggestions.

I agree with you. It is actually difficult to recognize & reward hard work of employees in the current scenario.

In my opinion, it is this time (when almost everyone is working from home), that such practices would increase the motivation, morale, commitment level of employees. (who are already feeling overwhelmed due to the existing scenario). Here again the role of ‘HRs’ is instrumental.

• chrmpteam

Administrator
      December 11, 2020 at 12:39 PM

@Divya You have very well put across the difference between Rewards and Recognition firstly. Thanks for that 🙂 And then the initiatives are also truly interesting ones… specially the third one of creating video about likes and dislikes for the company. Hope to learn from your further contributions here.

Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus - Sell Your Membership Products With WooCommerce The Right Way .