AdministratorNovember 10, 2020 at 4:20 PM
Have you interviewed a candidate or have you been interviewed for a role in the HR department? It will be very helpful for the others here if some of you could share your experiences and key highlights that everyone should keep in mind specially during the current times.
MemberNovember 12, 2020 at 11:21 AM
During this pandemic period, opportunities & interviews are limited in the market. But I received a chance to appear for an Online Interview Session. Overall interview went fine, but we have to be prepared to sacrifice on expectation part of compensation. Employers are scrutinizing to the in depth exposure of knowledge & past experiences. As I had applied via Linkedin.com, so things were slow but believe my profile would have matched the employer’s expectations.
- This reply was modified 7 months ago by Savan Sobhanadevan.
AdministratorNovember 12, 2020 at 1:45 PM
Congratulations Savan! Its really a great news of you being selected for an interview.
Thank you for sharing your experience and perspective. It has certainly given us an insight of the current job market scenario.
It would be of great help if you could share with us some of the questions that were asked in the interview.
AdministratorNovember 13, 2020 at 12:35 PM
Thanks and congratulations @savansobhanadevan Yes, higher compensation can be an unrealistic expectation as the pandemic continues to haunt the business world.
Don’t you think scrutinizing was there earlier too? Maybe due to the distance or remoteness, companies are more worried about a wrong hire. Hope you soon get the call confirming about your selection. Please let us also know if that happens 🙂
And if you could just also tell us about a few of the questions they asked. I believe you applied for some HR role right?
MemberNovember 19, 2020 at 3:53 PM
A recent interviewer asked me about my experience in Vendor management, Bulk hiring and campus recruitment process. Hope this helps.
AdministratorNovember 20, 2020 at 1:59 PM
Yes Divya, any information is of value. Please keep sharing whatever you know so that we can update each other. And thank you for shring your experience!
I believe you got interviewed for some HR Generalist role. Or was it different? What do you feel, did they ask the question just for the sake of asking something or did it have relevance to the requirement?
Waiting for some more input from others if possible!
MemberNovember 20, 2020 at 7:56 PM
Interview questions for a HR Recruiter/ Generalist role:
1. What questions would you ask a hiring manager to learn about the requirements for an open role within their dept?
2. How do you use social media to create your network and How can you contact potential candidates that you want to source on LinkedIn?
3. What if your candidate refuses your offer just a day before the joining date and your runner up candidate is not perfect. What would you do?
4. How many times would you follow up a candidate on an offer?
5. What was your OAR last year, what steps did you take to improve?
Interview questions for a HRBP role:
1. Explain your experience and challenges you faced while making amendments to a policy as HRBP
2. Which leadership principle resonates most with you, why?
3. Brief a situation where you used your tactical and stretegic HR Skills in policy making.
AdministratorNovember 21, 2020 at 9:47 PM
Wow Divya, I personally feel these are really helpful questions for everyone here. Thank you very much!
Now that we are looking at hrbp role, don’t they ask analytics oriented questions mostly for HRBP roles nowadays? Like what metric could be used? How do you calculate that or improve the metric sort of questions?
Log in to reply.