🌟 Let’s Share Recruitment specific Stories: Fuel the Conversation! 🌟

• 🌟 Let’s Share Recruitment specific Stories: Fuel the Conversation! 🌟

Posted by chrmpteam on June 14, 2023 at 10:04 AM

Hello CHRMP participants!

Recruitment is a fascinating and essential aspect of HR, and we believe that each one of you has a unique recruitment (either as a candidate or as a recruiter) story to share. Today, we invite you to join us in a captivating conversation about your most memorable recruitment experiences.

Have you ever faced a challenging hiring situation and found an innovative solution? Or perhaps you have a heartwarming story of discovering the perfect candidate who went on to make a significant impact on your organization. Or a story about a recruiter that made him unforgettable… Whatever the story may be, we want to hear it!

Sharing your recruitment experiences not only helps us learn from each other but also provides valuable insights and strategies for navigating the complex world of talent acquisition. Your stories can inspire, educate, and spark engaging discussions that benefit our entire community.

Don’t be shy! Take a moment to reflect on your recruitment journey and share your story in the comments below. Whether it’s a humorous anecdote, a lesson learned, or a proud achievement, your contributions will make a real difference.

Remember, our community thrives on active participation and shared experiences. Let’s keep the conversation flowing and create a supportive environment where we can learn, grow, and inspire one another.

Together, let’s unlock the power of our collective knowledge and make this recruitment storytelling session one to remember!

Looking forward to reading your captivating stories and celebrating the art of recruitment with all of you!

Best regards,

Sunny Suman,
    CHRMP Community Manager.

chrmpteam replied 9 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • chrmpteam

June 16, 2023 at 10:02 AM

I was working in a recruitment consulting firm. We had to hire a Senior Lead Recruiter in (Let’s say H consulting firm) Hyderabad. After just three months, a new branch was set to open in Bangalore, and this person would be responsible for heading the Bangalore branch alongside their current role. Let’s delve into this tale of leadership and expansion.

Our protagonist, Alex, a seasoned recruiter, was chosen for the Senior Lead Recruiter position in Hyderabad. Recognizing Alex’s exceptional leadership skills, the firm offered him the opportunity to lead the Bangalore branch as well. Balancing responsibilities in both locations, Alex traveled between Hyderabad and Bangalore, nurturing a strong team and ensuring the success of the expansion.

We were somehow scared because Alex’s English was not very good and had lots of MTI (Mother Tongue Influence). But we took a chance and went ahead with him. We coaxed the management of the firm in Hyderabad to try Alex that paid off.

Alex’s dedication and adaptability paid off. The Bangalore branch thrived under their guidance, securing significant clients and making successful placements. Alex’s journey became an inspiration for aspiring professionals, showcasing the transformative power of leadership and the rewards of embracing new challenges.

In summary, this story follows Alex’s transition from a Senior Lead Recruiter in Hyderabad to becoming the Head of the Bangalore branch. It highlights the importance of adaptability, leadership, and seizing growth opportunities. On the other hand, it also underlines the need to take risks and not judge candidates due to their poor English or grammar.

What story do you want to share that can stimulate learning?

• Sehr Jamil

July 5, 2023 at 7:13 PM

I was a recruiter for a Medical IT company based in Pakistan. Our HR team wanted to hire a graphics designer to help us create visually impactful job ads. I was interviewing a candidate who had exceptional portfolio but was really shy. He couldn’t answer the basic questions and I stopped the interview and told him how impressed I was of his work and how much he can contribute to the team and to encourage him to answer the questions. He took a minute to gather his thoughts and started answering and passed the interview. For his final interview with the HR Director, I told her that the candidate was an introvert and came up with an idea to draw something for her during the interview so she can see his work. He proceeded to create great job ads and other markerting materials for HR and has been an integral part of team for 4 years now.

As a candidate, one of my favourite interview process experience was with Hudson Recruitment, based in Australia. They had a one way chat interview where a bot asked questions and not only did I receive the results straightaway but the answers I gave also highlighted my strengths and gave me further insights into my personality and work ethics.

• Sunny Suman

July 6, 2023 at 9:34 AM

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your incredible recruitment story with us, Sehr!

Your experience showcases the power of recognizing potential in candidates and finding creative ways to assess their skills and fit for the role. It’s inspiring to see how you went beyond the traditional interview format to provide a supportive and encouraging environment for the shy graphics designer. Your ability to see his true potential and create an opportunity for him to showcase his talent speaks volumes about your recruitment skills and dedication to finding the right fit for your team.

Moreover, your mention of the one-way chat interview process at Hudson Recruitment highlights the importance of innovative approaches to candidate assessment. It’s fascinating how technology can not only streamline the interview process but also provide valuable insights into a candidate’s strengths and work ethic. Such advancements in recruitment practices can help both candidates and employers make informed decisions.

Your story serves as a testament to the impact that a supportive recruitment process can have on individuals and organizations. It exemplifies the transformative power of recognizing untapped potential and providing opportunities for growth. While it helps candidates demonstrate their capabilities to the fullest potential it also reflects one of the secrets of finding AMAZING talents.

Thank you once again for sharing this remarkable recruitment experience with us. Your story serves as a reminder of the difference we can make in someone’s life and the significance of embracing innovative approaches to recruitment. We hope your story inspires others in our community to think creatively and foster inclusive and supportive environments throughout the recruitment process.

If anyone else has a recruitment story to share or thoughts on creative candidate assessment methods, we’d love to hear from you too! Let’s continue to exchange insights and ideas, as we strive for excellence in our HR practices.

Best regards,

Sunny Suman,
      CHRMP Community Manager

Wishlist Member WooCommerce Plus - Sell Your Membership Products With WooCommerce The Right Way .