What You’ll Learn From Appraising and Managing Performance
As a student, you’ll get a few great benefits from being here:
- Establish performance standards for appraisal.
- Enumerate the correct metric to be used as KPIs and KRAs for roles in MBO.
- Evaluate the numerous appraisal methods and select the one best suited to the organisation’s culture and requirements.
- Analyse performance appraisal data, diagnose errors and recommend corrective actions.
- Coach managers on the organisation’s performance appraisal process.
- Devise behaviour statements that can be used as a part of BARS.
- Deploy succession planning systems to protect critical roles.
- Develop performance improvement plans
Here is what we will focus on during this module
- Introduction to performance management.
- Importance of performance management processes.
- Objectives and uses of performance management.
- Traditional methods of performance appraisal:
- Checklist method;
- Graphic rating scale method;
- Behaviourally anchored rating scales.
- Management by objectives.
- 360-degree appraisal.
- Assessment centres.
- Ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Errors in performance appraisal.
Episode 1: Overview
Episode 2: Understanding Performance Management
Episode 3: Why Measure Performance?
Episode 4: The Performance Appraisal Process
Episode 5: Traditional Methods of Performance Appraisal
Episode 6: Modern Method-Graphic rating scale method